Another Day at Sea

Yesterday was another sea day, and after the busy start to our trip, I think we were all quite happy to have one.

I started my day enjoying a tea on the balcony, just listening to the sound of the waves on the ship as we moved though the water.




We didn’t do anything too exciting.  We wandered around the ship, found something to eat, and spent time together. With all six of us travelling together, those quieter moments are actually pretty nice. There is always someone around to have a coffee with, sit and chat with, or just enjoy the view with.




I think we are also beginning to settle into the rhythm of the cruise. There is something about a sea day that makes you slow down, whether you intend to or not. We don't have to figure out where we're going, what time we need to be somewhere, or how we're going to get there. For a day, the ship takes care of all of that.

The scenery outside was changing, too. We sailed past the coast of Apulia, or Puglia, in southern Italy. Apulia is the long, narrow region that forms the heel of Italy's boot, stretching along the Adriatic. From the ship, we could only see the coastline in the distance, but it was fun knowing that we were sailing past a part of Italy known for its whitewashed towns, ancient villages, olive groves and beautiful coastline.



As the day went on, we continued north and eventually made our way into the Adriatic Sea. The Adriatic separates Italy from the Balkan coast, with countries such as Croatia, Montenegro and Albania on the eastern side. It is also known for its many islands, particularly along the Croatian coast, which we will be seeing more of very soon.

So there wasn't a big adventure yesterday. No tours, no sightseeing and no rushing around.

Just a quiet day on the ship, good food, lots of conversation and time together.

And sometimes, especially on a trip like this, that's exactly what we need.


Comments

  1. Sometimes we just need those quiet days to sip our coffee/tea, reconnect with others and just relax. What a beautiful cruise you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! Look at the blue of that water. It's exquisite! I'd want to sip my tea and look at the water, too. Glad you're having a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think spending those minutes/hours on the boat just reconnecting with one another is worth it's weight in gold in my opinion...........

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like picturing where you are or were.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice calm day is always a blessing. I have been on a cruise once and really loved the sea days.love your description of Puglia. Sounds like a twin out a story book. Hope to visit some day. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a calm day while traveling. It feels so good to slow down and connect while it replenishes us for the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiet moments can be some of the most meaningful ones! Slowing down, being present, and simply enjoying the people we’re with is something I strive for when traveling with my family too. 💜

    ReplyDelete
  8. No big adventure but with lots of conversation with your kids sounds like the perfect day to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cruising and those days at sea. Thanks for rousing those memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were so busy before you set sail, I'm sure it's nice to get a bit of rest before you dock someplace to have a busy day of excursions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alberta, Here We Come!

The 12 Good Years

Jasper: Seeing the Aftermath of the Fire

Where are we now?

Currently we're home, in Ontario, Canada

Where’s are we going next?

I will be off for a quick girls’ trip to Alberta, Canada to celebrate a friend’s birthday

Where We've Been

Red Flags have corresponding blog posts. White Flags mean I still have yet to write about it