Tea and Chat - August Edition



Welcome to the very first Tea & Chat! Once a month, I thought it would be fun to take a break from my usual posts, pour a cup of tea (or coffee!), and simply catch up on what's been happening. So settle in, grab your favourite drink, and let's chat.


Looking Back Over the Last Few Weeks

Last month was a busy one on the blog as I participated in the Ultimate Blog Challenge, writing 31 posts in 31 days. I settled into a good writing routine, so it feels a little strange not to be racing to publish another post every day. Life suddenly seems much quieter, and I'm enjoying the slower pace. While it was rewarding to push myself to write daily, it also took a lot of mental energy.


The challenge reminded me why I started this blog in the first place. I love sharing the places we've explored, and capturing the little moments that might otherwise be forgotten. More than anything, it helped me rediscover the habit of writing, and that's something I don't want to lose.So now I’m settling into a new rhythm.Instead of posting every day, I hope to be here a few times each week, sharing a mix of travel memories, retirement adventures, local discoveries, and the simple joys that make this season of life so rewarding.


Life Right Now

Our cat, Suki, became quite ill. She's almost 17 and has kidney disease, which is common in older cats. She goes through periods of vomiting and not wanting to eat, but this episode was the worst we've seen. I honestly thought we might have to say goodbye. Thankfully, after lots of care, rest, and a little spoiling, she's slowly on the upswing.

It’s hard to watch a beloved pet go through illness.  It’s hard on them, and hard on us.  I shed a lot of tears over the past days so I’m so relieved that she’s feeling a little better.

We have settled my 90 year-old mother into her new residence.  She has moved into a retirement facility where she doesn’t need to worry about meals, and we don’t have to worry about her day-to-day life.  There has been some big adjustments, but for the moment she is settled and mostly happy with the move.


Looking Ahead

August is shaping up to be a fun month. I'll be spending time with a few friends at our annual crafting retreat, enjoying the last weeks of summer at the trailer, and getting ready for a quick trip to Alberta early next month to celebrate a friend’s birthday.We’re also trying to finish up booking flights, accommodations and tours for our big family trip later this fall. 

Thank you to everyone who has been reading, commenting, and following along. Whether you've been here from the beginning or you've only recently discovered the blog, I'm so glad you're here. Blogging is always more enjoyable when it feels like a conversation rather than simply talking into the void.


So, what's new with you?

Have you been travelling this summer, working on a favourite hobby, or simply enjoying the slower pace of the season? I'd love to hear what you've been up to.


Until next time...Happy adventures - whether they’re close to home, or far away.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

At the Top of Newfoundland

Where are we now?

Currently we're home, in Ontario, Canada

Where’s are we going next?

I will be off for a quick girls’ trip to Alberta, Canada to celebrate a friend’s birthday

Where We've Been

Red Flags have corresponding blog posts. White Flags mean I still have yet to write about it