Today I'm sharing a macro photo I took while walking in a moisture drenched forest. One of my favourite things to do is to hike through a forest, taking in all the sights, smells, and sounds.
Photo by Mingwei Lim on Unsplash We're coming to the end of our Adriatic cruise, and after four consecutive days of visiting ports, I'm beginning to appreciate the value of a sea day. Don't get me wrong. We've enjoyed exploring the places we've visited, and each has had its own character and history. But when you're visiting one beautiful old town after another, with narrow streets, historic buildings, churches and squares, some of the experiences inevitably begin to blend together. By the fourth day, it has become a bit of a blur. When we plan a trip like this, we're excited about all the places we'll get to see. Each port offers something new, and we want to make the most of our time there. We head ashore, explore the town, take in the sights and try to absorb as much as we can before it's time to return to the ship. Then we do it all over again the next day. The trouble is that there's only so much sightseeing you can take in before i...
It’s October first and the beginning of another blog challenge month with The Ultimate Blog Challenge. It’s a month long challenge where participants try and share a blog post everyday along with supporting fellow participants. I’ve signed up to participate, but since I’m currently travelling with my family by both land and sea, I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to make everyday. If you’re interested in joining, you can find the challenge here: Ultimate Blog Challenge Beyond Amsterdam Yesterday we decided to leave Amsterdam behind for a day and see a little more of the area around the city. We hopped on a train and made two stops, each very different from the other. Our first stop was Zaandam. Zaandam is only a short train ride from Amsterdam, but it felt like we had stepped into a different world. The town has a long connection with shipbuilding, timber and the industrial development of the Zaan region. At one point, more than 600 windmills were operating her...
We had been looking forward to our day in Naples, or Napoli as the Italians call it. We had a special day planned for the whole family, with a private tour that would take us to Mount Vesuvius, Positano on the Amalfi Coast, and Herculaneum. There was one thing that made the day a little bittersweet, though. This would be our last full day together as a family before Son #3 and our daughter-in-law headed home after the cruise ended the following day. We wanted to make the most of it. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other ideas. The forecast called for rain all day long. What can you do? We decided to make the best of it and hoped the forecast was wrong. We met our driver, Alex, at 7:30 a.m. The rain had already started, although it was only spitting at that point. We crossed our fingers and climbed into the van, hoping things would improve as the day went on. Alex was a local Italian man who spoke perfect English, complete with the most beautiful Italian accent. I know I don'...
Very pretty. I’m learning how to color in rain drops. I love the look.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! I love seeing rain drops and dew on the plants.
ReplyDeleteNice! My boys would try to collect the dew... but pollution put an end to that... :(
ReplyDeleteLovely capture. I don't have much success capturing raindrops or dew.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty :-)
ReplyDelete