I'm a relaxed traveler! How perfect for this blog today since the first week of May my neighbors are taking we away for the week. We are going to Cherokee, a place I loved to go with Rich. April and Carl have heard me talk so much about it, they want to see the sights. So not only will I be traveling but I will be tour guide for them to see all our special places and what I will bring back is more memories.
Happy Canada Day! It’s July 1st, the day Canadians celebrate our beautiful country. It’s also the beginning of a new Ultimate Blog Challenge month. For those unfamiliar with it, the challenge is simple: write and publish a blog post every day for the month. Thirty-one days, thirty-one posts. I've participated before with varying degrees of success. Sometimes I've made it all the way through, and other times life has had different plans. Either way, I always enjoy the challenge because it encourages me to write more consistently and finally tell some of the stories that have been sitting in my head waiting for their turn. This month my posts will be focused on a specific part of Canada. A couple of weeks ago, I returned from a two-week trip to Newfoundland with my two sisters and my cousin. It was a trip filled with laughter, long drives, incredible scenery, and enough stories to keep me writing for quite a while. So throughout July, I'll be sharing my thoughts and a...
O ne of my favourite parts of travelling in Newfoundland is the local expressions. I’ve known many Newfoundlanders and a lot of times don’t even know what they’re saying - especially when they’re talking to each other. During our two-week trip, we heard words and phrases that made us smile, laugh, and occasionally had us opening google to figure out what was said. By the end of our trip we even adopted a handful into our own vocabulary. Some of the sayings made perfect sense once they were explained. Others...not so much! So I decided to have a little fun. Warning: I may have gotten a little carried away. Somewhere in the list below are five sayings that are completely made up. The other twenty-five are genuine Newfoundland expressions. Can you find them? No Googling! (Where's the fun in that?) Grab a piece of paper, jot down your five guesses, then scroll down to see how you did. The Challenge Best Kind Stay where you're to till I comes where you're at. Lord Tunderi...
I'm a relaxed traveler! How perfect for this blog today since the first week of May my neighbors are taking we away for the week. We are going to Cherokee, a place I loved to go with Rich. April and Carl have heard me talk so much about it, they want to see the sights. So not only will I be traveling but I will be tour guide for them to see all our special places and what I will bring back is more memories.
ReplyDeleteI am an explorer. I don't have any travel plans though.
ReplyDelete