Retirement Plans

 


Over the several years prior to us retiring we had many discussions about what we wanted our retirement to look like.  The one thing we both knew for certain was that we wanted to do a lot of travelling and see what we could before we would be forced to stay put.  We had thrown around the idea of getting out of the cold Canadian winter and head for a different temperate climate each year.  The plan was to try different locations each year.

I (John) was sure that I wanted to retire early and so the economic plan was to put away as much as we could over the years to support our dreams for retirement.  When I was able to opt in to an early retirement programme that would allow me to retire at 58 I spend many evenings running the numbers.  Everything checked out, and at the end of December, 2019 I took the GO Train home from my job in Toronto for the last time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends and Newfoundland

Best Laid Plans

Who Are These People?